The Northern Virginia Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons (NVRC) has a Technology Demonstration Center that is open to the public for a “hands-on” experience with equipment for telecommunications, alerting and assisted listening.
These devices can enhance the quality of life for people who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Amplified Phones
- Captioned and Voice Carry Over Phones
- Hearing Carry Over Phones
- Flashing Lights – Visual Signalers
- Audible Signalers
- Personal Listening Devices
Some of the devices are available through the Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing’s Technology Assistance Program (TAP) for Virginia resi- dents for free or at a reduced cost.
- Make an appointment to visit the Demo Room
- Learn more about the TAP Program
- Request a presentation on Hearing Assistive Technology
- Answer your questions
Contact Debbie Jones, NVRC’s Technology Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-352-9055