NVRC OPEN HOUSE
When: November 2, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Where: Northern Virginia Resource Center
for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons (NVRC)
3951 Pender Drive, Suite 130
Fairfax, VA 22030
DIRECTIONS to NVRC
Come celebrate with us!
- Visit our Demo Room, learn about the Virginia Technology Assistance Program
- Meet our staff to learn about our outreach, interpreter and technology programs and our advocacy successes
- Tour NVRC’s offices with members of our Board of Directors and Ambassadors' Club
- Enjoy light refreshments and fun raffles
- Register for an ASL class or schedule an educational program
Come see why NVRC has been the area's leading non-profit
for people with hearing loss for 25 years!
Interpreters and CART (live captions) will be available.
By Gael Hannan, 4/1/2013, Hearing Health Matters
A Letter To My Dentist,
Having just escaped from your dentist chair for the second time in a week, I am writing while the experience is still painfully fresh in my mind. Actually, the pain wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected – the drugs helped a lot.
As you know, Doc, I have hearing loss, and you’ve always been good about removing your mask when asked to repeat something. But I’m wondering if I might suggest a few other areas of your clinical service that could use some accessibility upgrades? And this isn’t just about me – you probably have many other hard of hearing clients, although not all would have disclosed this choice bit of personal info.
...continue reading "A HOH in the Dentist Chair – By Gael Hannan"