Volunteering with NVRC is a great way to give back while making friends and connections in the deaf and hard of hearing community! We welcome volunteers all along the hearing spectrum.
For any questions about volunteering or getting involved, please talk to our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 352-9055 (voice), (571) 350-8656 (videophone), (703) 352-9056 (TTY).
Volunteers are a big part of our team, helping NVRC to fulfill its mission. NVRC Volunteers helping out at our annual event Celebrate Communication!volunteers come from all parts of Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland and bring with them a variety of skills.
Volunteers may donate their time and skills to perform in-kind services such as interpreting or photography or help with general office work or events. Special events like NVRC's annual Celebrate Communication couldn't be offered free to the public without the assistance of volunteers.
It Just Feels Good
Giving back to the community is a big part of being a citizen in this country and here at NVRC we LOVE our volunteers. There is never enough time in a day to meet all the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing community so every bit of help is grately appreciated. We have fun working together and at the end of the day I guarantee you'll feel good.
Occasionally, NVRC has a special project or a special event that could not be completed without our wonderful volunteers.
Donations & Membership
As a community-based nonprofit, NVRC runs on the generosity of our supporters. Your donations enable us to continue to provide vital programs and services to the deaf and hard of hearing community of Northern Virginia.
- Click on the Donate Link below, then on following then complete your online purchase with a Credit card or PayPal Account online.
Your donation of $50.00 or more includes an complimentary membership and an option to name another person or for your donation to be anonymous.
NVRC members represent a broad cross section of people with hearing loss, people who are related to someone with a hearing loss or people who work in the field. NVRC values each and every member and works hard to serve the entire community.
Members of NVRC are very special people and we count them as our friends. They span all ages, gender and ethnic groups. They live as close as our backyard, across the river and a few even come from other states. With our small staff it is hard to keep in touch with our members as often as we would like, but we are working hard on your behalf and value your participation. Together we make a difference in people's lives, each and every day. (Membership is for one full year.)
- Individuals $20
- Family $25
- Seniors $15
- Students $10
- Your membership indicates support of NVRC and its mission. Membership funds help provide programs to empower deaf and hard of hearing people in the Northern Virginia Metro area.
- Your membership helps us expand and maintain the website.
- Sign up for the popular "NVRC News," the daily email news service edited by our Executive Director.
- NVRC hosts an annual exhibitor event "Celebrate Communication," a fun-filled family day with over 50 exhibitors. Your membership helps us bring this event to the community for Free.
- The NVRC "Members Only" Breakfast is held each year on the morning of Celebrate Communication and is free for our current members.
- Only current members may vote for the new Board of Directors at the NVRC Annual Meeting each December.
- Discounts to NVRC events, programs, trainings and workshops, and the NVRC Gala are sometimes offered to NVRC Members.
- You can feel proud of your connection to NVRC. You belong to an organization that has a national reputation as a model nonprofit serving deaf, late-deafened, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind individuals and their families, friends, co-workers and serving professionals. Donations of $50 or more include membership.