Changes to improve user experience include responsive design for mobile devices
March 4, 2016
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) has implemented several enhancements to the NIDCD website. The changes are designed to enhance users’ experience and strengthen the institute’s alignment with federal mandates for information technology.
Key features of the revised website include:
- Responsive design, enabling the content to automatically adjust to fit a user’s screen size, whether it is viewed on a computer, tablet, or phone.
- Redesigned research and funding sections, and a new, prominent section highlighting NIDCD-supported research training and career development funding opportunities throughout the United States and at the NIDCD labs and clinic in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Improved home page design, featuring enhanced navigation and the NIDCD Twitter feed.
- Integration of relevant NIDCD-supported research results with consumer health information on hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language disorders.
- New portal to Spanish-language consumer information published by the NIDCD.
We will continue to update and enhance NIDCD digital communications for health consumers, researchers and trainees, health professionals, and others. If you have comments or need assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail). For health information about hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, or language disorders, please contact us at 800-241-1044 or email@example.com(link sends e-mail)