Hamilton Relay, Inc. currently has a position open for
“Virginia Captioned Telephone Outreach Coordinator" staffed in Richmond, Virginia.
Position summary: This full-time position is responsible for coordinating and implementing outreach activities designed to promote Captioned Telephone Service (CapTel®) for Virginia Captioned Telephone Service (VACTS). The position requires independent travel throughout the state of Virginia.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience in the design and implementation of public outreach, public relations or related marketing experience are required.
- Experience in the telecommunication field, Traditional Relay Service or Captioned Telephone Service is a strong plus.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in the planning, coordination and delivery of public relations activities
- Ability to develop effective outreach and educational campaigns
- Ability to confidently communicate (oral & written) with a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute multiple projects
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Relay Administrator, organizations within the public, private and non-profit sectors
- Knowledge of and ability to understand various communication modes used by current and potential relay users
- Familiarity with the user communities that could benefit from relay services:
- Senior Community
- Hard of Hearing Community
- Able to travel alone
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Captioned Telephone users are encouraged to apply
Interested individuals may apply online at: www.workforhamilton.com or contact Amy Hall in Corporate Human Resource Department by September 11, 2015 at 800.821.1831. Hamilton Relay is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Hamilton Relay, Inc. is a division of Hamilton Telecommunications based in Aurora, NE. Hamilton offers a competitive wage and full time benefits.