September 26, 2014
Our E-Bulletin for September 26, 2014 is now posted online at:
Some news you'll find in this issue:
- DOL: $8.4 Million to Improve Employment Opportunities
- "Harkin Introduces Three Bills as Part of 'Access for All' Agenda for Americans with Disabilities"
- "Understanding EEOC's new guidance on pregnancy discrimination"
- A Review of Community College-Employer Partnerships and Initiatives: Expanding Opportunities for Job Seekers with Disabilities
- Disaster Planning and Response: Including People Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- "Federal Legal Corner: Flexible Schedule as Reasonable Accommodation"
- New Guide Offers Tips on 508 Compliance
- DOJ Alleges Kent State Violated FHA by Refusing to Allow Emotional Support Animals in Student Housing
- Nominations Sought for Participation in Advisory Committee on Competitive Integrated Employment
ADA In Focus Webinar Series
October 9, 2014 - 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
The ADAAA and its affect on Section 503 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act
Rob Hodapp, Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
November 13, 2014 - 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
The ADA and Law Enforcement, there's more to it than ramps
Michael Sullivan, Michael Sullivan ADA Consulting
There is no charge for these sessions. Click on the links for more information.