|Position: Webmaster – Northern Virginia Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons (NVRC)
NVRC is a nonprofit organization located in Fairfax, VA with a mission to empower deaf and hard of hearing individuals and their families through education, advocacy, and community involvement. We are looking for a full-time webmaster to further expand and maintain our highly trafficked website at www.nvrc.org, which is a key resource for individuals with hearing loss and their communities. We seek to increase our reach through our social media, electronic news and website.
NVRC is proud to offer benefits including 403(b) plan, health and life insurance, medical flex plan, holidays and paid time off.
The ideal candidate will have experience in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration while delivering quality work.
This candidate should have a strong background in website design and development. This background must include the ability to address HTML and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers. In addition, the candidate will monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as necessary.
• Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for NVRC’s website
• Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible (508 Compliant) and logical; recommend improvements as necessary
• Create visual concepts that match NVRC’s image; ensure that content is easy to navigate and developed in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format
• Perform maintenance and updates to existing website
• Stay current on evolving best practices, trends and new technology and serve as an in-house resource
• Install and customize plug-ins, modules, and similar technical solutions
• Optimize the site for search engine and social media traffic
• Determine appropriate website architecture and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations
• Communicate to staff with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
• 3-5 years of website development and design experience
• Advanced knowledge of HTML, XHTML and CSS
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to communicate to a non-technical audience
• Interest in growing new media techniques and opportunities
• Self-starter with strong self-management skills
• Ability to work within budget constraints
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Preference given to those with an understanding of hearing loss and deafness
• Knowledge of Word Press®, its plug-ins and widgets
• BS / BA degree in web design / web development
• Familiarity with and ability to communicate using various communication modes (such as ASL) or willingness to learn
• Public relations experience
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Cheryl Heppner, Executive Director at email@example.com with “Webmaster” in the subject field. NVRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The deadline for applications is Friday, April 27, 2012.