|Summer Communication Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing ChildrenThe Gallaudet University Hearing and Speech Center (HSC) is once again hosting Camp SHARP. The program provides an intensive, language-rich, communication-accessible, and enjoyable environment for deaf and hard of hearing children to improve their spoken language skills. The children will have opportunities to develop and enhance their spoken English skills and have their sign language skills reinforced through child-centered, play-based activities. Skill areas addressed include speech, listening, expressive and receptive language and literacy.
The summer services are offered between June 20 and July 29, 2011. Limited space is available. Services and session availability are contingent upon the number of children enrolled.
• Services provided by certified, licensed speech-language pathologists
• Clinicians proficient in American Sign Language
• Focus on speech, spoken language, and listening skills within a literacy-rich environment
• Serves children age 2 years to rising kindergartners
• Theme-based, developmentally appropriate activities
• Morning sessions (8:45-11:45) with an option for afternoon childcare
• Low child to clinician ratio.
For more information: http://www.gallaudet.edu/HSC/Camp_SHARP.html